Shipping and Returns Policy
The contractual terms between Monacor UK Ltd (hereinafter referred to as the Company) and those purchasing goods from the Company are contained exclusively within these Conditions of sale. These Conditions and the Contract shall be subject to and construed in accordance with the Law of England. In no circumstances will the Company be bound by any addition to or other variation of these terms whether oral or in writing unless any such addition or variation is agreed in writing by the Company with express reference to these terms.
2. Acceptance of Orders
- (a) The minimum carriage paid order required is £85.00 (excluding VAT). All orders received in excess of this figure include packaging, handling and freight costs where the delivery address is within the United Kingdom. For orders to be delivered outside the United Kingdom all prices are Ex Works. Any orders received that are less than £85.00 will be subject to a small order charge of £10.00. Any special carriage requirements will be charged at cost. Any buyer who does not have a credit account with us must confirm any telephone order in writing, which must be clearly marked “Confirmation”.
- (b) It shall be the responsibility of the Purchaser to determine the suitability of the goods for any application.
- (c) There is no guarantee as to the goods suitability for any specific purpose even if that purpose is known to the Company. In any dispute that may arise liability of the Company for breach of any warranty or obligation either expressed or implied is limited to the value of the goods supplied in any event.
- (d) All recommendations and advice given by the Company or the employees or agents of the Company are given without liability on the part of the Company.
- (e) Descriptive pictorial or written material issued or published by the Company from time to time relating to goods offered for sale shall not form part of any contract of sale.
- (f) The Company shall not be responsible for any loss or damage caused either directly or indirectly by the goods or by any act or omission in connection therewith.
The prices quoted are in pounds sterling and are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate. Prices are subject to change without notice. The Company reserves the right to correct errors regarding printing and quotations. Any quotations for supply given will be price valid for 14 days only.
Where credit terms are allowed terms of payment are strictly net monthly account received in full on or before the last day of the month following invoice. Any customer who does not hold a credit account with us will be required to make cleared payment in full prior to dispatch of goods. Buyers may make payment directly into our Bank by use of Bankers’ draft or telegraphic transfer. All bank charges will be paid by the buyer. All major credit and debit cards are accepted although credit cards will incur a surcharge of 3%. All Export buyers from within the EU must supply us with their VAT number when placing an order. We reserve the right to charge interest on any overdue payments at the rate of 8% above the Bank of England’s base rate. This will be applied to those accounts exceeding 90 days from date of invoice.
Whilst the company undertakes that every effort will be made to ensure that goods are delivered promptly, no liability will be accepted for delay in dispatch or delivery of goods. Please note that our standard delivery is based on 48 hours from order acceptance assuming the order was placed before 3.00pm on that day. Special deliveries such as next day, before noon, morning or afternoon deliveries and Saturday deliveries are all charged at the additional cost for these services.
6. Risk in Goods
The risk in all goods shall pass to the Purchaser on delivery of the goods to the Purchaser.
7. Damage or Shortage
Damage or shortage of goods discovered on delivery must be notified to the Company within 48 hours. Any claims for damage or shortage which are not notified within this time shall not be accepted by the Company
- (a) Goods properly delivered by the Company will not be accepted for credit unless the Company is advised beforehand and agrees to accept them back. Such goods returned as not wanted or incorrectly ordered must be sent back within 7 days of receiving the goods, carriage will be paid for by the dealer and will be subject to a handling charge of up to 30%.
- (b) In the event of an order being duplicated through failure to clearly endorse the confirmation, the customer will be liable for the full invoice value of the duplicate order. Such duplicated deliveries will only be accepted for credit subject to a 10% handling charge.
9. Returned Goods
- (a) Goods will not be accepted for return without the prior agreement of the Company. Agreed returns must be accompanied with a Returns Number, date and number of the Company’s invoice and details giving the reason for return.
- (b) Damaged goods must be signed for as damaged or refused. After goods have been signed for, as received in good condition, claims for damage will not be met by the company.
- (c) Any goods found not to be faulty on return to the Company renders the sender liable for collection and return costs.
- (d) Any goods returned to the Company as faulty or damaged must be inspected by one of our technicians before a repair/replacement is actioned. Goods will not be exchanged automatically except in extreme circumstances.
10. Reservation of Title
Not withstanding delivery and passing of the risk, legal and beneficial ownership of the goods shall remain in the Company until full payment for the goods has been made. Until ownership passes the Purchaser shall hold the goods as bailee for the Company and must keep the goods free from any charge lien or other encumbrance. If the Purchaser purports to sell the goods before payment is made to the Company the proceeds of the sale shall belong to the Company until payment in full has been received by the Company. Where such goods are used, even with loss of identity, the legal ownership to the resultant product shall vest in the Company and any proceeds of sale in respect of goods unused or resultant products shall be received by the Purchaser as agents for the Company and on their account.
11. Copyrights and Patents
Products offered for sale by the Company may be subject of patents or other legal protection. The Company accepts no liability for infringement of such rights.
All items supplied by the Company are guaranteed for 12 months from the date of sale with the exception of consumable items such as batteries, lamps, and styli. Where applicable this may be extended to 3 years through our warranty registration service. Registration must be made within 30 days of purchase. Any item found to be defective through faulty materials or workmanship will be credited, replaced or repaired (at our discretion). Warranty may be invalidated if goods have been modified or tampered with by anyone other than the Company. The Company reserves the right to cancel warranties on any goods being used for hire or for any application they were not designed for.
All diagrams, illustrations, descriptions and dimensions appearing in any literature produced by the Company are approximate and included for guidance only. In line with our policy of continuous improvement, we reserve the right to make design or product alterations, or to discontinue any item as may be necessary without prior notification.
All repairs, warranty or chargeable, are accepted by the Company under the following understanding. Warranty items will be fully checked by our technicians to ascertain the reason for failure. Should this be deemed to be a manufacturing fault then the unit will be either repaired or replaced by the company. A credit note will not be issued unless the product cannot be repaired or replaced within a reasonable time frame. Items that are faulty due to damage or misuse will be chargeable at all times. On all chargeable repairs the client hereby agrees to the following charges of £50.00 per hour for labour, plus parts at cost, return carriage and VAT. Any item that is not collected or paid for within 14 days will be disposed of in accordance with the UK and EU law. The cost of this disposal will be charged to the client.